This is late and I know the Oscars are probably off your mind by now, but oh well! How were the Oscars everyone? I for one was pretty satisfied with the winners. I was not a huge fan of Neil Patrick Harris though. He just was not that funny to me but you have to give the guy props because hosting the Oscars is no easy job. There were some great music performances too (“Glory” by Common and John Legend, The Sound of Music tribute by Lady Gaga).Let’s go over the winners, shall we?
THE WINNERS (check mark ✓ and x mark ✗for my predictions being right or not)
- Best picture: Birdman ✗ Wow I was totally expecting Boyhood but I am psyched Birdman won!!
- Director: Alejandro G. Iñárritu – Birdman ✗ I was rooting for him though! He’s such a cool guy
- Actor in a leading role: Eddie Redmayne – The Theory of Everything ✓ I wanted Michael Keaton, but Redmayne was so excited when he won!
- Actress in a leading role: Julianne Moore – Still Alice ✓
- Actor in a supporting role: J.K. Simmons- Whiplash ✓
- Actress in a supporting role: Patricia Arquette- Boyhood ✓
- Writing (adapted screenplay): Graham Moore– The Imitation Game ✓ He had such an inspiring speech!
- Writing (original screenplay) : Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Nicolás Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris, Jr. & Armando Bo- Birdman ✓
- Animated feature film: Big Hero Six ✗ (I thought How to Train Your Dragon 2)
- Animated Short: Feast ✗
- Foreign language film: Ida – Poland✗
- Music (original song): “Glory” – Selma ✓
- Music (original score): Alexandre Desplat – The Grand Budapest Hotel ✗
- Cinematography: Birdman✓ A shoe-in, the film was made to like one single shot!
- Costume design: The Grand Budapest Hotel✓
- Documentary (feature): CITIZENFOUR ✓
- Film editing: Whiplash ✗
- Makeup and hairstyling: The Grand Budapest Hotel ✓
- Production design: The Grand Budapest Hotel✓
- Visual effects: Interstellar ✓
- Sound mixing: Whiplash✓
- Sound editing: American Sniper ✓
- Short film (live action)L: The Phone Call ✗
- Best Documentary Short: Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1 ✓
So I got 16/24 = 66% like last year! Man, I got to step up my game!
Now onto the RED CARPET! I was very pleased this year with all the dresses and also the #AskHerMore campaign!
- Anna Kendrick in Thakoon (for some reason, it looked a lot brighter on my TV screen, but I still love the color)
- Rosamund Pike in Givenchy Haute Couture
- Oprah Winfrey in Vera Wang. She looked FAB!
- Reese Witherspoon in Tom Ford (This is for Asha A, who has been in love with Reese’s looks all awards season)
- Lupita Nyong’o in Calvin Klein (It looked so good it got stolen for a bit!)
- Emma Stone in Elie Saab
- Felicity Jones in Alexander McQueen
- Scarlett Johansson in Versace
- Julianne Moore in Chanel Haute Couture. Okay so honestly this dress was not terrible at all, just not my favorite
Wait. That was it? Awards season is over?? I’m heartbroken but it was fun guys! Congrats to all the winners and nominees!