THIS IS SO LATE BUT I DON’T CARE…HERE WE GO……AWARD SEASON 2015!!!! woo
How’s everyone doing? Long time, no see! So I’m going to get right down to the point here, before this award season, I had very to little interest in the movies nominated. It definitely seemed like a lackluster award season, but now I am actually getting pretty excited. There are some pretty good movies out right now (my challenge: see all Oscar best pic nominated before the show on 2/22)!
So I Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosted the show for the 3rd and last time. Overall I thought it was a pretty good show. The duo was funny but I felt like they really played those North Korea and Bill Cosby jokes to the point where it got cringe-worthy but hey Tina and Amy rock so…
- Best Motion Picture Drama: Boyhood, (yup = called it)
- Best Motion Picture Comedy or Musical: The Grand Budapest Hotel, what. Where did Wes Anderson come from, also how did this get 9 Oscar nominations??
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama: Julianne Moore for Still Alice, not expecting that! Still rooting for Rosamund Pike for Gone Girl or Reese Witherspoon for Wild
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama: Eddie Redmayne for The Theory of Everything, not expecting this either but good for him!
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture Comedy or Musical: Michael Keaton for Birdman, yup and I love his speech, best one of the night
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture Comedy or Musical: Amy Adams for Big Eyes, yup
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture: Alan Arkin for Whiplash, yup and btw Whiplash looks great!
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture: Patricia Arquette for Boyhood, yup
- Best TV Series Drama: The Affair, not expecting that
- Best TV Series Comedy: Transparent, not expecting that either, all the TV winners were new winners too
- Best Actor in a TV Series Drama: Kevin Spacey for House of Cards, yup
- Best Actress in a TV Series Drama: Ruth Wilson for The Affair, not expecting that
- Best Actor in a TV Series Comedy: Jeffrey Tambor for Transparent, again I was so bad at predicting the TV winners!
- Best Actress in a TV Series Comedy: Gina Rodrguez for Jane the Virgin, yay I loved her speech too! She really deserved it!
Okay so I do not really feel like typing out the rest so check out the full list of winners here
Yes so let us finally get down to the best part….THE RED CARPET!
Here are favorites:
- Jenna Dewan Tatum in Carolina Herrera
- Reese Witherspoon in Calvin Klein
- Jessica Chastain in Atelier Versace
Honestly, there were’t too many looks that I really loved this year.
- Kiera Knightley in Chanel
- Patricia Arquette in Escada
- Lana del Rey in Travilla
That concludes our Golden Globe coverage, join us next time for the SAG awards on January 25th!