Oscar Nominations came out this past Thursday!
complete list: http://oscar.go.com/nominees
- Philomena got four Oscar nominations including Best Picture and Best Actress for Judi Dench, I never really heard about this film before awards season, same with Nebraska which got 6 nominations, but it looks very good
- Jonah Hill’s Best Actor in a Supporting Role nomination for Wolf of Wall Street. Whaa?? He wasn’t even nominated for the Golden Globe, SAG, etc. Seems very random
- Dallas Buyers Club and Captain Phillips for Best Picture, I don’t know, I was surprised
- Saving Mr.Banks only got nominated for Original Score. What about Emma Thompson or Tom Hanks for Best Actress and Best Actor? Also for Tom Hanks: nothing for Captain Phillips
- Inside Llewyn Davis only got two nominations for Cinematography and Sound Mixing. This film seemed like a perfect nominee for so many categories especially Original Song and screenplay. Even though it topped many critics list, the Cohen brothers have been almost shut out this year.
- Monster’s University for Best Animated Feature. I do admit this movie was a little weak but I thought the Academy loved Pixar.
- Out of American Hustle‘s 10 nominations, it lost out on a Best Makeup and Hair styling nomination. I feel like half that movie was the hair!
- Robert Redford for All is Lost, early front-runner too
- actually a lot of the early front-runners like Lee Daniel’s The Butler (Oprah was awesome!) and Fruitvale Station got no love from the Academy
That’s all I can think of, again check out the complete list for the other nominations! Closer to the actual show on March 2nd, we’ll reveal our predictions!