Sorry this is late guys. Award season is a go now!!!!!!!! Okay so this year’s Golden Globes were hosted for the second time by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, who I thought were very funny as always. We had some great winners this year! Here’s a complete list of winners:
- Best Motion Picture Drama: 12 Years a Slave, yup
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama: Cate Blanchett for Blue Jasmine, yup
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama: Matthew McConaughey for Dallas Buyers Club, yup
- Best Motion Picture Comedy or Musical: American Hustle, yup
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture Comedy or Musical: Amy Adams for American Hustle, yup
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture Comedy or Musical: Leonardo DiCaprio for Wolf of Wall Street, YEAH BOY! 🙂
- Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Lawrence for American Hustle, noooo I wanted Lupita Nyong’o!
- Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto for Dallas Buyers Club, yup
- Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron for Gravity, yup
- Breaking Bad for Best Television Drama and Best Actor TV Drama (Bryan Cranston), no surprise
- Best Actress TV Drama: Robin Wright for House of Cards, hmm unexpected but good
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Best TV Series Comedy or Musical and Best Actor Comedy or Musical (Andy Samberg), what the heck?! No one saw that coming and I’m sorry but I have never watched this show or heard much about it.
- Best Actress in a TV Comedy or Musical: Amy Poehler for Parks and Recreation, well done HFPA!
I don’t feel like typing up the rest, just look at the link above! A few mini moments that you can look up: Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Reese Witherspoon proved to be a very funny duo in their little moment during the opening, Emma Thompson is hilarious (esp. when acting drunk), and I don’t even want to know what was going on during Jacqueline Bisset’s never-ending acceptance speech!
Now on to my favorite part…….RED CARPET!!!
Here are my favorites:
- Lupita Nyong’o in Ralph Lauren, absolutely beautiful
- Margot Robbie in Gucci
- Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad
- Reese Witherspoon in Calvin Klein, great color and fit
The Not-So-Good :
- Tina Fey in Carolina Herrera, it’s really a hit or miss with prints and she missed here
- Zoe Saldana in Prabal Gurung, way too much going on
- Heidi Klum in Marchesa, noo
Well that concludes our Golden Globes coverage! Join us again as we tackle the SAG Awards on January 19th!
Images from the Yahoo gallery (link above)