AHHHHH I’m sorry I’m doing this so late! Let’s get back into the groove of things and talk about my favorite thing, the Oscars! So sad they’re over. I thought it was a pretty good show. Seth Macfarlane, in my opinion, was a nice host! He doesn’t deserve all the criticism he’s been receiving. I mean, c’mon, this is the creator of Family Guy,it would be weird is he wasn’t inappropriate at times. The red carpet was a bit lackluster, but I liked all the winners so let’s recap:
a list of the winners and nominees: http://movies.yahoo.com/oscars/nominees/
now the WINNERS: (check mark ✓ and x mark ✗for my predictions being right or not)
- Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained ✓ yes, so happy!
- Animated Short Film: Paperman ✓
- Animated Feature Film: Brave ✓
- Cinematography: Life of Pi ✓
- Visual Effects: Life of Pi ✓ deserves it all the way
- Costume: Anna Karenina ✓
- Makeup and Hairstyling: Les Miserables ✘
- Live Action Short Film: Curfew ✘
- Documentary (short subject): Inocente ✘
- Documentary: Searching For Sugar Man ✘
- Foreign Language Film: Amour ✓
- Sound Mixing: Les Miserables ✘
- Sound Editing (TIE): Skyfall, Zero Dark Thirty ✘ a tie?! what? and Argo couldn’t get in there?
- Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables ✓ Well, what can you do? I think in the end, she deserves it, though.
- Editing: Argo ✘
- Production Design: Lincoln ✘
- Score: Life of Pi ✓
- Song: Adele, Skyfall ✓ I love her, and I thought the song totally defined the movie.
- Adapted Screenplay: Chris Terrio, Argo ✘
- Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained ✓ Another win for Django!
- Director: Ang Lee, Life of Pi ✘ WOAH! I did not see that coming! Totally thought Spielberg would get it, but I’m not complaining. Ang Lee is awesome, and his life story is as amazing so he definitely deserves it.
- Actress in a Leading Role: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook ✘ I had a feeling she would! She’s so young though, oh my gosh! I kinda like to see older and more career developed actress’ take home the award, but whatever. It’s JLaw!
- Actor in a Leading Role: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln ✓ Who did not see this coming? I don’t even think Meryl Streep opened the envelope when she presented the award to him because everyone knew he would win!
- Best Picture: Argo ✓ YES! WOOOO *see review for movie here*
so my prediction score was 58%, ehh not too bad.
Now ladies and gentlemen, on to the….*drumroll please*…..RED CARPET!!!!!!!!!
So now there weren’t a lot I liked this year actually. Mainly pale and bland colors, not too impressed. However, there were some that I liked!
- Jennifer Garner in Gucci. Can I just say how much I love her and Ben Affleck and their family. Can also just say how much she has worked it this award season? And can I finally just say how the color of this dress is gorgeous and that I personally believe that she pulled off those huge ruffles in the back? ❤ Jennifer Garner
- Kerry Washington in Miu Miu. such a pretty color on her!
- Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive. I do admit, the color was too light for her pale skin, but she just oozes old Hollywood glamour
- Quvenzhane Wallis in Armani Junior. I had to put her in here! So cute, classy, and age-appropriate. The puppy purse is the perfect accessory!
Not so good:
- Kristen Stewart in Reem Acra. First of all, why is she at the Oscars? Second, why does she always look like she just got out of bed? Third, didn’t her mommy teach her how to brush her hair?
- Melissa McCarthy in David Meister. I love her, but she needs a new stylist. This dress just does not flatter her at all.
- Anne Hathaway in Prada. ill-fitting and too pale for her. Color Anne! Color!
- Brandi Glanville. trashy and too much boob
So I guess that’s it for our award season posts. I’m gonna miss doing these! *sniff, wipe a tear* Until next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!