AWARD SEASON! We are getting so close to the Oscars people! The Golden Globes were Sunday night so let’s talk.
Here is a list of the winners:
- Argo won for Best picture and Best director! Whoa! I didn’t see that coming. I still can’t believe Ben Affleck didn’t get that Best Director Oscar nod but whatever.
- Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis for Lincoln. Best Actress: Jessica Chastain for Zero Dark Thirty. agree and agree
- Best Motion Picture Comedy or Musical: Les Miserables. actually thought Silver Linings Playbook would win
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture Comedy or Musical: Hugh Jackman for Les Miserables. agree
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture Comedy or Musical: Jennifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook. She is so young, but I agree.
- Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz for Django Unchained. Yay! I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman would win for The Master. If it couldn’t have been Leo, definitely glad it was Waltz. Curious to see if he’ll win the Oscar though because he won that same category three years ago for Inglorious Bastards, another Tarantino movie. hmmmm but approve!
- Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables. I don’t know why but I just don’t Like Anne Hathaway as much I used to. something about her just irks me. Even though I’m sure she was great in Les Miz, I wished Sally Field could have won for Lincoln. disapprove
- Best Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino for Django Unchained. approve!
- Homeland for Best TV series Drama, Best Actor, and Best Actress. No surprise there. Though I’m surprised Claire Danes has won three Golden Globes in a row now.
- Girls for Best TV series Comedy or Musical and Best Actress in a TV series Comedy or Musical for Lena Dunham. surprise! I totally thought Modern Family would win as it usually does. I see great things in store for Girls
Okay so Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosted the Globes this year and I thought they were sensational! So funny! I think that was such a smart move by the HFPA because having Ricky Gervais host three years in a row was so foolish. He was funny the first year, offensive the second, and boring the third.
So now on to my my favorite part…………THE RED CARPET!!!!!!!! wooo
Here’s the link to the whole lot:
Here are my favorites:
- Emily Blunt in Michael Kors
- Claire Danes in Versace. And She just had a baby a month ago!
- Jessica Alba in Oscar de la Renta
- Jennifer Garner in Vivienne Westwood Couture
Not So Good:
- Anne Hathaway in Chanel. Too plain and she needs to eat some hamburgers! lookin way too thin
- Kaley Cuoco in Zuhair Murad. The dress itself is fine, but that makeup is too goth
- Gulianna Rancic in Celia Kritharioti. ewwwww
Okay so that concludes our little Award Show segment. We’ll do another one for the SAG Awards on January 27!