Oscar Nominations came out yesterday, the 10th. Here they are!
- Leonardo DiCaprio for Django Unchained , best actor in a supporting role. Wasn’t my last post about how great he was in that movie? He totally deserved a nominaion. The Academy does this every time to him. It’s high time he wins an Oscar already!
- Kathryn Bigelow for Zero Dark Thirty, best director
- Ben Affleck for Argo, best director
- Quentin Tarantino for Django Unchained, best director
- Tom Hooper for Les Miserables, best director. Why were all the predicted directors left out?
- The Dark Knight Rises. I thought they should have gotten some nominations in the techinical categories. Maybe like visual effects or sound mixing
- Javier Bardem for Skyfall. best actor in a supporting role
- Marion Cottilard for Rust and Bone. best actress in a leading role
- Quvenzhane Wallis for Beats of the Southern Wild, best actress in a leading role. The youngest nominee in the history of this category. Even though I’m all for this adorable girl, who I’m sure was great in Beasts.., I just can’t imagine being an older and trained actor with lots more experience than her. Imagine being beat by a 9- year old! I would be pretty mad.
- Emmanuelle Riva for Amour, best actress in a leading role. The oldest nominee in this category!
- Life of Pi got 11 nominations, crazy!
okay so that’s all that I could think of. Remember to watch the Golden Globes on Sunday at 8!
I’ll make my predictions for Oscar Sunday after the Globes